Looking around our regular supported volunteering session last week and we couldn’t help but beam with pride.
Some of the group were busy writing CV’s with a member of our team, others were having a brew and chatting about how they never really got out before they joined the group. Part of the session was spent signing up for a 4 week learning course due to start the next week. Plans were made to do a group visit to a nursing home the following week.
This truly was supported volunteering in action, where a little extra help is provided to people who want to become volunteers but who might need some support along the way. Whether you have barriers to overcome, need a confidence boost or just a push in the right direction, we will do our best to help. Perhaps you want to build your confidence, get out and meet new people or get back on track into employment?
Cyril Flint’s Supported Volunteer Scheme
If this sounds like you, then our supported volunteer programme could be just the thing. Our fun, informal and supportive Volunteer sessions can help empower people to become active in the community, build skills and increase their options whilst helping make a difference.Volunteering is a tried and tested method of improving confidence and wellbeing. However lots of people often find they face barriers to volunteering.
Our supported volunteer groups help build confidence and knowledge and encourage engagement in volunteering activity.
Support can include:
- Help going through the application process
- Filling in forms
- A helping hand to get you started on your volunteering adventure. We are around to go with you to new places and are there to help you and the person you befriend settle in
- Group sessions to share experiences and access further support if required.
- Access to free supported learning courses whilst you are volunteering
- Social events where you can meet other volunteers
And much, much more! Get in touch today – email [email protected] for more information.