Free workbook based courses for Cyril Flint Befrienders!
We have teamed up with Stephenson’s College to offer our volunteers the opportunity to gain new skills by completing a Level 2 workbook based course.
The courses can be completed by hand in a set of workbooks or online and take 12 weeks to complete. You will receive support along the way by Cathy, a tutor from Stephenson’s, both remotely and by catch up meetings held in the evenings to accommodate our working volunteers.
There are a wide variety of courses on offer this year including:
• Safe Handling of Medication
• Principles of End of Life Care
• Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
• Falls Prevention Awareness
• Principles of Dementia Care
• Customer Service for Health and Social Care Settings
• Principles of Care Planning
• Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social
• Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
• Common Health Conditions
• Introducing Caring For Children and Young People
• Understanding Autism
• Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
• Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
• Counselling Skills
• Understanding Nutrition and Health
• Awareness of Mental Health Problems
• Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
• Working with People with Mental Health Needs
• Safeguarding and Prevent
• Common Childhood Illnesses (NEW)
• Equality and Diversity
• Information, Advice and Guidance
• Lean Organisation Management Techniques
• Principles of Customer Service
• Principles of Team Leading
How to sign up
You will need to come along to our Didsbury office one evening at the start of March (date tbc) to meet your Stephenson’s tutor Cathy, and to sign up for your workbook. The courses are offered free of charge as long as you complete the course.*
If you are interested, please email Alison here: [email protected] , by Wednesday 20th February, stating which course you would like to sign up for and if you would like to complete the paper or online version.
*All short courses are fully funded; however, a charge to cover the cost of the workbook and registration fee will be incurred if a candidate does not complete their course.